Here’s how your hygienist develops a personalized dental hygiene plan of care based on your unique needs:
- Reviewing or updating your medical and dental history
- Examining your teeth for decay, visually and with x-rays as needed
- Examining your gum tissue and recording baseline results for your future care needs
- Assessing your biting, chewing, and swallowing patterns
- Evaluating your dental readiness for procedures including cosmetic smile enhancements
- Reassessing your overall treatment.
- Screening for oral cancer with clinical measurements, radiographs, and other assessment methods
- Applying fluoride and pit and fissure sealants as indicated by your needs
- Cleaning and scaling teeth to remove plaque, tartar, and surface stains.
- Education Instruction about brushing and flossing
- Counseling about diet and its relationship to oral health
- Explaining dental treatments, orthodontics, periodontal therapy, and cosmetic procedures using a range of visual aids.
Your Fitchburg Dentist Has An Important Message From Their Hygiene Team! At Watkin Dental Associates, your hygienist and Fitchburg dentists, along with our caring and supportive team, are always happy to answer any questions you have about your personalized care plan, which is imperative to your oral health. After all, proper home care including brushing, flossing, and healthy eating are a crucial part of preventive dentistry! And if there is every anything you don’t like about your smile, we’re here to help you find solutions that leave you grinning. Yours in continuing dental health, Dr. Arnold Watkin & Associates, your dentists in Fitchburg