At Watkin Dental Associates – your Fitchburg dentists – we practice what we preach. Proof positive of our commitment to optimal preventive oral health care are our wonderful registered dental hygienists. Their goal is to help you to achieve and maintain the optimal oral health that supports a beautiful smile, through diagnostic assessment, prevention, and education.
Here’s how your hygienist develops a personalized dental hygiene plan of care based on your unique needs:
- Reviewing or updating your medical and dental history
- Examining your teeth for decay, visually and with x-rays as needed
- Examining your gum tissue and recording baseline results for your future care needs
- Assessing your biting, chewing, and swallowing patterns
- Evaluating your dental readiness for procedures including cosmetic smile enhancements
- Reassessing your overall treatment.
- Screening for oral cancer with clinical measurements, radiographs, and other assessment methods
- Applying fluoride and pit and fissure sealants as indicated by your needs
- Cleaning and scaling teeth to remove plaque, tartar, and surface stains.
- Education Instruction about brushing and flossing
- Counseling about diet and its relationship to oral health
- Explaining dental treatments, dental aligners, periodontal therapy, and cosmetic options using a range of visual aids.
At Watkin Dental Associates, your hygienist and Fitchburg dentists, along with our caring and supportive team, are always happy to answer any questions you have about your personalized care plan, which is imperative to your oral health. After all, proper home care including brushing, flossing, and healthy eating are a crucial part of preventive dentistr